Mrs. Moe's Math Class
This year, in 8th Grade Math, we will be preparing students for High School. We hope that our students become self-sufficient and gain confidence in their Math abilities throughout the year. In class, students will have numerous opportunities to collaborate with their peers while problem solving and learning new material. Our hope is that students begin to work through problems without giving up easily. As a result, student success will be evident.
We will be using the Big Ideas Math Blue Textbook. You must log in through gmail to access the link.
The topics we will be learning this year are below.
- Chapter 1: Equations
- Chapter 2: Transformations
- Chapter 3: Angles and Triangles
- Chapter 4: Graphing and Writing Linear Equations
- Chapter 5: Systems of Linear Equations
- Chapter 6: Functions
- Chapter 7: Real Numbers and the Pythagorean Theorem
- Chapter 8: Volume
- Chapter 9: Data Analysis and Displays
- Chapter 10: Exponents and Scientific Notation
You will have homework at least twice a week. On Mondays you will be given Math Masters homework which will be due every Wednesday. Content homework will be assigned as needed.