Ms. Gillis' Language Arts Class
Students will use specific text and collaborative structures promoting inquiry, thinking, communicating, open-mindedness, caring, risk-taking, and reflectiveness and producing knowledgeable, principled, and balanced individuals who are globally aware.
Sixth grade teachers will be using the Middle Years Programme (MYP) incorporating state standards and using the workshop approach to read, write, and communicate.
Units Of Study To Be Covered This Year:
1. Authors as mentors (narrative)
2. Becoming critical consumers (Informative)
3.The power of arugment (Argumentative)
4. Analyzing authors' craft (Narrative)
5. Conveying differing perspectives (Informative)
6. Inquiry into argument: integrating media (Argumentative)