October is Bullying Prevention Month. In our efforts to increase kindness and create a culture of inclusion, students will be participating in various school events. In addition, on October 25 students will be allowed to wear orange in celebration of Unity Day. Please contact the counseling office if you have any questions.
- 10/2 - This October we are challenging students to STOMP out bullying. Be sure to listen to announcements for ways that you can help us treat others with kindness.
- 10/4 - Students this is your kindness challenge for the week: Make friends with someone you don’t know at school - If you've ever been isolated from others at school or you were new at school and it took time to make friends, you know what it feels like to be left out. Or even if you were never isolated, imagine how it would feel. Make friends with someone at school who you don't know. You probably wish someone had done that for you. Be a leader. Take action and don't let anyone at school feel alone.
- 10/11 - Students this is your kindness challenge for the week: STAND UP for Others Week. When you see someone being bullied, be brave and STAND UP for them. Bullies have been known to back off when others stand up for victims. If you don't feel safe, get the help of an adult immediately. Be part of the solution -- not the problem! It's a time to see and celebrate everyone's differences and their similarities. Make friends with someone who is different from you! Join us in filling the halls with statements of inclusion and support by completing a word bubble with your counselor during lunch!
- 10/18 - Students this is your kindness challenge for the week: Include everyone!
- 10/23 & 10/24 - Students, on Wednesday, we will be celebrating Unity Day. UNITY DAY: Together against bullying. United for kindness, acceptance and inclusion. Students and staff, if you care about safe and supportive schools and communities join us in wearing orange. Orange will be the only dress code exception on Wednesday.
- 10/25 Unity Day: What goes around comes around - and with kindness it really does. Research shows that being kind to others increases our own levels of happiness as well as theirs. Your challenge - kindness is contagious, so it makes our communities nicer places to be by doing something nice for someone else!
- 10/30 - Student recognition - core teachers can recognize students weekly for making outstanding efforts in one of these areas!